Mbarara town and her surroundings offer a diverse opportunities to enjoy Uganda’s beauty from wilderness to cultures and people. Explore mbarara town and its fascinating and rich cultures and wildlife on your Uganda safari tour in mbarara.
1. Visit the Abagabe Tombs ( 2 kms from Agip motel)
So far no uniform charges are set for that.
2. Visit Nile Breweries Plant (4 kms away from mbarara town)
- They require a person to have covered shoes
- They require a person to have an identity.
- The place is visited during working hours from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
- The person should have a cover on his head normally got from the plant
- An appointment has to be made strictly in advance before the visitation.
- No charges for visiting the place.
3. Visit Coca-Cola Plant
- They require an identity from the visitor.
- An appointment has to be made first and they will give a tour guide.
- They must know the number of people visiting the place.
- Free testing of variety of sodas.
4. Visit Ankole Cattle and see their beauty.
5. Mbarara city tour & visit the following;
- Local markets (with fresh foods from the gardens)
- Shopping malls with different businesses.
- Night clubs and many others.
6. Visit Katete beach
7. Visit river Rwizi and see how it meanders and when it turn to red during the rainy season.
8. Bodaboda tour as mbarara town is leading in bodabadas in the country.
9. Visit Local places and see banana plantations, coffee plantations,
7. See how to milk the cows ( in the morning & evening)
8. See the production of eshabwe ( it’s made locally)
9. Shopping in mbarara: Mbarara town has a number of Supermarkets along the Main Street.
10. Visit Rukungiri town: For the more adventurous tourists, where you will enjoy a cultural experience and heritage like watching a cow being milked in the morning, sitting on a balcony and enjoying the most amazing scenery.
11. Easy access to Bwindi, the home of the famous gorilla tracking and Ishaasha to see the climbing lion in Queen Elizabeth National Park and the nearby Lake Mburo National Park for game drive safaris is inevitable.